Indian OEM Smartron has launched the next generation of its Windows 10 2-in-1 laptop, the t.book, that was launched a couple of years ago. After a lull as the company focused on its smartphone business, Smartron has unveiled the new tbook flex.
Smartron positions itself as a homegrown Internet of Things (IoT) player building next-generation smart devices, things, and systems.
The tbook flex is a mid-range Windows convertible with high-end aspirations. The design inspiration, of course, comes from the Surface line-up. There’s a ‘flixstand’ with a step-less hinge design and an ability to flex up to 150 degrees as well as an island style, backlit detachable keyboard that connects via Bluetooth. The tbook flex also sports a fingerprint scanner.
Smartron tbook flex Specifications
- Display: 12.2-inch WQXGA (2560 x 1600) IPS | 16:10 aspect ratio | Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- Processor: 7th Generation Intel Core m3, 7Y30 (1Ghz, up to 2.6Ghz) / 7th Generation Intel Core i5, 7Y54, (1.2Ghz, up to 3.2Ghz)
- GPU: Intel HD Graphics 615
- RAM: 4GB LPDDR3
- Storage: 128GB SSD
- Battery: 40Whr Lithium-ion Polymer Battery
- Stylus Support: Supports Active Stylus
- Ports: 2 x USB 3.0 | 1 x SD Memory Card Slot | 1 x Type-C USB Thunderbolt 3 | 1 x Type-C USB
- Camera: 2MP front facing camera | 5MP rear camera
- Weight: 950g, without keyboard | 1375g, with keyboard
- Dimensions: 307.5 x 202.8 x 9.0 mm
Like the last time, Smartron offers tbook flex in two dual-tone color variants – Orange-Grey and Black-Grey. The tbook flex will be available exclusively on Flipkart starting midnight of May 13 priced at ₹42,990 ($643, m3 variant) and ₹52,990 ($792, i5 variant).