If you’re using Skype on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch, you might want to head over to the app store and check for updates. Versions 6.2.o of the Skype for iPhone and Skype for iPad app are now live, and it is bringing improved Skype bot support, better chat, and more.
Along with the usual general bug and fixes, the updates change or add the following:
- It is now easier to find bots on Skype – just tap on the bot icon in your Recent header.
- Found a helpful bot? Tap the conversation header while chatting to a bot and add it to your favorites.
- Reliability if notifications have been improved
- Muted conversations no longer appear in your unread message count.
- Get your friend’s attention with @mentions. Simply type @ followed by your friend’s name to mention them in any message.
- You’ll now see when Skype is updating your conversations or when you’re having network problems.
- We’ve made improvements to voice messaging, so it should now work for everyone!
In case you’re not using the Skype for iPad or iPhone apps, we have included download links for you below. As always, though, once you have updated, be sure to come back to WinBeta and let us know your thoughts by dropping us a few words in the comments section below.App Store, App update, iOS, Microsoft, Skype, Skype for iOS, Skype for iPad, Skype for iPhone