Shenmue I & II digital pre-orders open on Xbox One video game consoles
The release date for the highly-anticipated current gen re-releases of Shenmue I & II has finally been announced and both can be digitally pre-ordered on Xbox One consoles today as part of a bundle.
Shenmue I & II are due for release on August 21st this year and both will feature Japanese audio options, a new user interface, modern or classic control schemes, and a variety of screen resolutions.
Here’s the official game description.
A tale of revenge. In 1986, teenage jujitsu artist Ryo Hazuki returns to the dojo of his father, Iwao Hazuki, only to witness his murder by a Chinese man, Lan Di. Lan Di steals a mysterious artifact known as the Dragon Mirror. Ryo vows to avenge his father’s death and sets out tracing Lan Di’s path.
The best Shenmue experience:
- Updated user interface
- Choice of modern or classic controls
- Japanese audio available for the first time for a global audience
- Fully scalable screen resolutions
- An epic legend:
- A tale of revenge on a grand scale
- Solve the mystery of your father’s murder
- An experience never to be forgotten
The world feels alive:
- Talk to anyone, scour the world for clues
- NPCs live independent lives on their own schedule
- Faithful recreations of 1980s Japan and Hong Kong, China
- Distract yourself with arcade games, collectibles, duck racing, and more
Shenmue I was originally released on the Sega Dreamcast in 1999 while its sequel, Shenmue II, also saw a release on the Dreamcast console in 2001 and was ported to the OG Xbox in 2002. Shenmue III has been officially announced and is expected to launch on Sony’s PlayStation 4 console and Windows PCs.
Are you a Shenmue fan and will you buy these games on Xbox One? Share the hype in the comments below and then follow us on Twitter for more Xbox One gaming news.