The Xbox video games, Tropico 6, For The King, and MLB The Show 22 are now free to play on Microsoft’s Xbox One and Xbox Series X console generations until the end of the weekend.
It is worth noting that both Tropico 6 and MLB The Show 22 are currently both available to play as part of Xbox Game Pass so those with an active Xbox Game Pass subscription can already play these for free (as part of their subscription) and will likely be able to play them for a while after this weekend is over.
With that in mind, For The King is the clear choice for Xbox gamers with an active Xbox Game Pass subscription. Of course, those with just an Xbox Live Gold membership only have the next two days to try all three.
Here’s the official game description and trailer for For The King:
For The King is a strategic RPG that blends tabletop and roguelike elements in a challenging adventure that spans the realms. Set off on a single player experience or play cooperatively both online and locally. None before you have returned from their journey. Will you put an end to the Chaos?
For The King is a challenging blend of strategy, turn-based combat, and roguelike elements. Each playthrough is unique with procedural maps, quests, and events. Explore Fahrul in either single player, local, or online co-op. Just remember adventurer, you do this not for riches or fame but for your village, for your realm, For The King!
Here’s the description and trailer for Tropico 6:
In times of political turmoil and social unrest, the people are calling for visionary leaders, who will steer the fate of their country with foresight and ingenuity. Prove yourself once again as a feared dictator or peace-loving statesman on the island state of Tropico and shape the fate of your very own banana republic through four distinctive eras. Face new challenges on the international stage and always keep the needs of your people in mind.
For the first time in the series, manage extensive archipelagos, build bridges to connect your islands and use new means of transportation and infrastructure. Send your Tropicans on raids to steal the wonders of the world, including the Statue of Liberty and the Eiffel Tower. Customize your palace at will and give election speeches from your balcony, to win the favor of your subjects.
And here’s the trailer and description for MLB The Show 22:
Every pitch. Every hit. Every win. Make your mark and Own The Show in MLB® The Show™ 22.
- Create and use multiple Ballplayers, beyond your Road to the Show personalized Baseball RPG experience, and customize your Ballplayers how you want to aid in your progression.
- Diamond Dynasty is back and better than ever! Play, collect, and build on your fantasy card collection and bring to life on the diamond.* Try the new Mini Seasons mode, where each season brings new challenges as you face off against a new set of competition!
- Face your friends with cross-platform play.** With cross progression, continue your progress and earn and use content on other console platforms.***
- Stepping up to the plate for the first time? Tailor your experience with gameplay styles and two new difficulty settings to help you get the hang of the basics.
- New Intro Presentations provide the most immersive ballpark experience yet.
- Play March to October in your style, with updated mode tools to utilize custom uniforms, logos, and created stadiums.
- Live out your dream Baseball matchups with new Legends joining the diamond.
After more Xbox news? Check out this wild Ninja Turtles Xbox Series S console that’s up for grabs this month.