With most of the holiday festivities behind us, it’s time to start thinking about back-to-school and for some, new OneNote updates may be significant. With OneNote being used in over 105 countries and countless school and administrative offices, the OneNote team has begun rolling out a set of updates that are sure to address some back-to-school concerns.
According to the Office Blog, the new updates for OneNote rolling out this month include:
- Class Notebooks—Co-teachers can now add or remove students to a Class Notebook.
With this new capability, any person designated as a co-teacher can add or remove students to the Class Notebook. This capability is now built-in, so any co-teacher can choose Add or remove students, select the Class Notebook that they are designated as a co-teacher and make the updates
- Staff Notebooks—Staff leaders can now remove staff members or notebook co-owners and co-owners can now add or remove staff members to a Staff Notebook. In addition, Active Directory security group and Office 365 Group support is now offered.
Go into the Staff Notebook app that has existing staff members and click the new Add or remove staff members button and select the Staff Notebook that you want to add or remove staff members.
- Legacy SharePoint Store app for the OneNote Class Notebook Creator—Ability to remove students.
- Legacy SharePoint Store app for OneNote Staff Notebooks—Ability to remove staff members.
- OneNote Online—The top requested feature, Image crop, was added as well as the ability to unpin notebooks from the notebook list.
To try it out, just select any image in OneNote Online, click the Format ribbon tab and then click Crop.
Students, teachers, and faculty that rely on the services of OneNote can expect to see the improvements surface through the rest of January 2016.