Looking for a new messenger? Yahoo’s got you covered with their new IM client. The new Yahoo Messenger, which is available on both desktop and mobile platforms, is looking pretty snazzy. Beyond being a sleek, pleasant app with a brand new interface, Yahoo Messenger brings to the table a ton of new features that improve the experience. Things like support for animated GIFs, likes, and a handy “unsend” feature all make for a solid messenger app.
Here’s the list of features taken straight from the app’s home page.
- Share more photos, faster – Instant, high-resolution photo sharing lets you share your entire weekend at once in a photo carousel
- Finally, take backs! – Wish you could take back that message or photo? Tap “Unsend” to remove it from the conversation
- Say it with a GIF – Why limit your reaction to an emoji? Express yourself with animated GIFs
- Your groups, your way – Start one-on-one conversations or create group chats simply using your contacts
- Show some love with a “like” – It’s easier than ever to respond to messages and photos with a simple “like.”
- Chat right from your email – Sign into Yahoo Mail and check to see if the new Yahoo Messenger
is available in your inbox. If it’s not now, it will be shortly!
The overhaul of the messenger is a nice addition for people who happen to be Yahoo users already, and might just convince some people to take another look at the messaging service. While it won’t be taking much limelight from Facebook’s Messenger or other popular IM services such as Skype, this addition to Yahoo’s roster of software does a lot to polish up the experience for people who are diehard users of Yahoo mail. We’ll keep an eye on any other additions that might be made to the client going forward.Further reading: Microsoft, Windows 10