Microsoft has just released a new Edge Dev build, bringing it up to 105.0.1321.0. The build comes with a couple of features covering PDFs, the Share pane, MicroFeedback, and more. Here's the scoop.
First up, Microsoft added language region information to the offline voices for iOS and an “X” close button to the Share pane. Moreover, you will now be notified when you are trying to share a PDF that exceeds 25MB. And finally, the build also features a tooltip for MicroFeedback that is found in the settings. You can now react with a thumbs up or down as a mode of sharing your sentiments.
Besides the features, the build also comes with improved reliability and changed behaviors. Here are the full details:
- Improved Edge Cloud Control Platform for Android and iOS
- Improvements for Android Read aloud
- Improved tooltips on the mini menu
- Improved Designer hub behavior to properly open and close on macOS
- Improved the tabs' view for iOS
- Improved accessibility by adding announcements for the translate and cancel buttons on translate pane in Immersive Reader for mobile
- Improved drag/drop functionality
- Improved features for Autofill
- Ensured YouTube will load when clicking on the Windows notification
- Fixed iOS app popup menu
- Fixed issue where icon styling was making doc icons appear as circles
- Changed the behavior when closing out of a text-note window on PDFs to focus back on the note highlight
Optimized mobile notification requests
- Fixed a visual issue where the optional diagnostics box did not appear unchecked on Android
- Completed changes for the Digital Signature icon on toolbar for Microsoft Browser
- Fixed saved passwords from re-organizing after searching for a password on iOS
- Fixed the issue were clicking on Windows notifications from a website does not open that website
- Fixed an issue were Read Aloud does not start
- Updated announcement phrase for the InfoBar after updating cookie settings
- Selecting Customize toolbar from the toolbar’s right-click menu will land users directly on the Customize toolbar section in Settings
In other Edge news from this week, the spotlight-like launcher made it to the Canary Channel as DevTools Command Palette. It is in place to help Edge users to make quick commands.