Microsoft has rolled out an update to the Xbox Music app today, fixing some bugs and adding some new features along the way. The Music app is one of the few apps that come bundled with Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.
“Xbox Music brings you all the music you love in one simple app. Play and manage music from your personal collection and browse and buy songs from Xbox Music. Instantly stream millions of songs free on your Windows 8/Windows RT device. Or get an Xbox Music Pass for unlimited access to music across all your devices. Limits on free streaming apply,” the app description reads.
According to the change log, the following new features and fixes are in this update:
- Shuffle all the music in your collection with a single tap.
- Double-click to play any song in your collection or the store!
- Play the most popular songs from your favorite artists right on their details pages
- Discover great music – choose Explore to find the top songs for any genre!
- It’s now simpler to buy the albums and songs you want to keep forever. You can redeem Microsoft gift cards, too!
We’re not positive if this is the previous change log or the most current change log, as Microsoft does a poor job in detailing app updates. We’ve also been told that you can now pin your favorite artist to the Start Screen as well.
Hit the download link below to snag the update and let us know what improvements you see.Music, Windows 8.1