Microsoft has released its useful Word Flow keyboard as an app for iPhone (via The Verge). It's actually a Microsoft Garage project, recently in closed beta, which brings different Microsoft apps to competing platforms. Word Flow for iPhone brings all the goodies and customizations offered to Windows Phone users.
In fact, it brings some additional features which are not yet present in the Windows Phone version of the keyboard, such as the ability to customize the background of the keyboard using the images available in the app or use your own image. Microsoft says all the images which are available in the app are free and the Redmond-based company will continue to improve it by adding more images for its users.
It's excellent prediction mechanism allow users to improve their typing speed, the keyboard predicts the next word and corrects spelling mistakes in a flash.
The app description says,
Word Flow for iPhone, a Microsoft Garage project, is a blazing fast keyboard that comes with free customization options and includes Arc mode for easy, ergonomic one-handed typing.
- Whether you’re tapping or swiping, Word Flow predicts what you’re trying to type and corrects mistakes.
- Word Flow intelligently suggests the next word in your sentence, and gets better at it over time.
- With access to your Contacts, Word Flow predicts the names of your contacts so you can go even faster.
- You can customize Word Flow background using one of the images included in the app, or use your own favorite image.
- All the images included with the app are free and we’ll keep adding new ones.
If you happen to be a fan of Word Flow on iPhone, head over to the App Store using the link below and give Word Flow keyboard a go. Let us know if it's better than the stock iPhone keyboard or not -- I'm sure it is.