Microsoft’s SharePoint app gets revamped on iOS and Android
As a result of user feedback, Microsoft has been working on the “most significant” it has ever worked on for its SharePoint mobile apps on iOS and Android. The new update is rolling out to users now, being made available as an update via the appropriate App Stores.
The update brings about a major redesign of the apps, as well as a number of new features and changes. One of the most noticeable of all the changes is the addition of a Find tab, with the search functionality now combining Links, People, Sites and Search. This helps to provide a more streamlined search experience.
Additionally, as is the trend these days, the app is introducing “AI” to improve search results as you type, and quick access to sites you’ve visited recently and people you have collaborated with, all before you even begin typing.
Below are some of the other changes that Microsoft noted in their release announcement:
- Browse your sites, files, people and more to get back to what you were working on
- Access your personalized view of team sites, communication sites, and news posts
- Tap on a person to get to their contact card and see who they work with and what they are working on
- Create news posts on the go and share your updates, reports, status, and experiences with your team
- Receive notifications when people around you publish news articles and engage on ones you’ve published.
If the update isn’t available right away, it’s worth waiting a few days as the update is rolling out across the userbase.Further reading: Microsoft, Microsoft SharePoint