The Microsoft Remote Desktop app updated to Version 10.0.7.1066 on Android smartphones and tablets this past week. This latest update added support for Android TV devices, full support for Windows Virtual Desktop, and a number of other new features.
Here’s the full release notes:
- Rewrote the client to use the same underlying RDP core engine as the iOS and macOS clients.
- Enabled the transfer of connections and settings from Remote Desktop 8.
- New Connection Center experience.
- New Connection Progress UI.
- New in-session Connection Bar.
- Added support for Android TV devices.
- Implemented full support for Windows Virtual Desktop.
- Integration with the Microsoft Authenticator app to enable conditional access when subscribing to WVD feeds.
Microsoft Remote Desktop also updated for Apple’s iPhones and iPads this month. You can read all about the iOS update here.
Do you use the Remote Desktop app on your Android device? Let us know what you think of this update in the comments below and then follow us on Pinterest and Facebook for more Microsoft app news.
Developer: Microsoft Corporation