There are lots of apps ready for Xbox One owners to use, and one that’s sure to generate a great deal of interest. The Twitch experience will enable gamers to watch broadcasts from various sources, and support for Snap mode means that it’s possible to have a video playing while you carry on with a game.
With content coming in from tens of thousands of games, there’s always going to be something new to enjoy, and Xbox One owners can even earn achievements just for watching videos. Watch a super-popular broadcast and you could grab the Standing Room Only achievement, and there are plenty of others as well.
- Watch one hour of live video on Twitch to become a Newcomer
- Watch 10 hours of live video on Twitch for Competitive
- Watch 100 hours of live video on Twitch for Best Viewer
- Watch one hour of live video on Twitch channels that have less than 10 viewers to be the Hipster
- Watch 10 hours of live video on Twitch channels that have less than 10 viewers and become theTalent Scout
- Max Bandwidth is received by watching a single channel on Twitch for more than eight hours consecutively
- Around The Clock is exactly that, just watch at least one minute of live video on Twitch in each hour of a full day
- Prime Time, simply: watch a total of 10 hours of live video on Twitch between peak viewing hours from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m., on a weekday
This isn’t something that will be available from launch day, sadly. As the blog post notes: “We know the ability to instantly broadcast gameplay is something the gaming community is excited about, and we are too. We are working to ensure the initial Twitch on Xbox One broadcasting experience meets the expectations of the Twitch community, so while this feature won’t be available right away, we’ll let you know as soon as it is ready. Our goal is to deliver it during the first part of 2014.”
For the time being you can check out the video below to see how the Twitch app will work when it is available.Further reading: Microsoft, Xbox One