During Ignite earlier today, Microsoft announced the release of Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 2. Microsoft has published a new blog post today outlining some of the key new features in Windows Server 2016, which you can see below.
- Compute and Virtualization: Simplified upgrades, new installment options, and increased resilience, helping you ensure the stability of the infrastructure without limiting agility.
- Networking: Continued investment to make networking as flexible and cost-effective as possible while ensuring high performance.
- Storage: Expanding capabilities in software-defined storage with an emphasis on resilience, reduced cost, and increased control.
- Security and Assurance: Protecting against today’s threats with a “zero-trust” approach to security that is rooted in the hardware.
- Management: Ongoing advances to simplify server management and increase consistency in approach.
- New features for IIS, RDS, and AD.
This isn’t a full list of what’s new in Windows Server 2016, but it offers you an general idea of Microsoft’s focus on businesses. As you can see, Windows Server 2016 features a variety of improvements ranging from security, to storage, and management. Head over here to check out the entire list of improvements and head over to the download link below to snag the Technical Preview 2.Microsoft, Microsoft Ignite, Windows Server