In lesser company shakeup news, Microsoft is reintroducing its Enterprise Mobility Suite by renaming it to Enterprise Mobility + Security. The Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite or EMS for short will remain roughly the same Identity-driven security solution current customers have become familiar with.
For those unfamiliar with EMS, Microsoft has provided a brief overview of the service as follows:
Protect at the front door
Our solution starts with identity protection capabilities to secure access at the “front door” of your company’s apps and data. Azure Active Directory Identity Protection leverages billions of signals to provide risk-based conditional access to your applications and critical company data, including the option of multi-factor authentication. We also help you manage and protect privileged accounts with Azure Active Directory Privileged Identity Management so you can discover, restrict and monitor privileged identities and their access to resources.
However, with the name change does come a handful of planned additions to EMS in the future that include:
1.Enterprise Mobility Suite becomes Enterprise Mobility + Security
- The existing Enterprise Mobility Suite becomes Enterprise Mobility + Security E3, with no change for existing EMS customers.
- A new expanded plan will be generally available in Q4 2016 and known as Enterprise Mobility + Security E5.
2.Azure Active Directory Premium
- The existing Azure AD Premium becomes Azure AD Premium P1, with no change for existing customers.
- Azure AD Premium P2, generally available later in Q3 2016, includes all the capabilities in Azure AD Premium P1 as well as the new Identity Protection and Privileged Identity Management capabilities.
3.Azure Rights Management + Secure Islands becomes Azure Information Protection
- The existing Azure Rights Management Premium becomes Azure Information Protection Premium P1, generally available in Q4 2016, with no change for existing Azure RMS customers.
- The P2 offer adds automatic classification, on top of the manual classification, labeling and everything else included in P1.
As personal online security continues to grow in both commercial and consumer consciousness, products such as EMS become major points of differentiation for cloud service providers. Fortunately, it looks as though Microsoft is forging ahead with its efforts and continually evaluating the internet landscape to provide the most up-to-date security solutions.Further reading: Azure Active Directory, Azure AD, Business, EMS, Enterprise, Microsoft