The official iOS Microsoft Remote Desktop app continues its tradition of major monthly updates with today’s update to Version 10.1.0 that brings mouse support, shortcut improvements, and support for the Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) Spring 2020 Update.
Here’s the full release notes:
- This is the update many of you have been waiting for! If you are using iPadOS 13.4 or later, you will now be able to control the remote session with a mouse or trackpad.
- Support for the Apple Magic Mouse 2 and Apple Magic Trackpad 2 (left-click, left-drag, right-click, right-drag, horizontal and vertical scrolling, and local zooming).
- Support for external mice (left-click, left-drag, right-click, right-drag, middle-click, and vertical scrolling).
- Support for CTRL, ALT and SHIFT key state with mouse and trackpad clicks (enables features such as multi-select and range-select).
- Support for the trackpad "Tap-to-Click" feature.
- We've also updated the Mouse Pointer mode right-click gesture to press-and-hold (not press-and-hold-and-release). And, on iPhone we've thrown in some taptic feedback when we detect the right-click gesture.
- In addition, we've made the following improvements:
- Added an option to disable NLA enforcement under iOS Settings > RD Client.
- Mapped Control+Shift+Escape to CTRL+SHIFT+ESC (where Escape is generated using a remapped key on iPadOS or Command+.)
- Mapped Command+F to CTRL+F.
- Fixed an issue where the SwiftPoint middle button was not working (iPadOS 13.3.1 or earlier, and iOS).
- Fixed some bugs which prevented handling of the "rdp:" URI.
- Addressed an issue where the in-session Immersive Switcher UI showed stale app entries if a disconnect was server-initiated.
- And finally, we added support for the Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) Spring 2020 Update.
Microsoft Remote Desktop is an app that allows users to access virtual apps and desktops and remote computers. The iOS version has mostly been abandoned but was reinvigorated last year with a major revamp and regular monthly updates ever since adding new features and extra support for services and functions.