Microsoft has released new firmware updates for a handful of Surface devices yesterday (via WindowsBlogItalia). Indeed, the last batch brings stability and performance improvements for the Surface Laptop 1 and 2, 5th gen Surface Pro, as well as Surface Pro 6 models.
The changelog for the Surface Pro line and Surface Laptop 1 models is identical, and the goal is to improve audio performance and battery life on these devices. You can find the full details below:
- Realtek Hardware Support Application - Software components: 11.0.6000.92 Improves the application stability during playback.
- Realtek High Definition Audio (SST) - Sound, video, and game controllers: 6.0.8936.1 Improves audio performance and battery life.
- Realtek High Definition Audio (SST) Extension - no Device Manager notes: 188.8.131.52 Improves integration between system services.
- Surface Integration Driver Service – System devices: 184.108.40.206 Improves integration between system services.
Meanwhile, Surface Laptop 2 owners are getting similar updates and an additional one that addresses system bug check issues. Here’s what you should be seeing in Windows Update:
- Surface Serial Hub Driver – System devices: 220.127.116.11 Addresses system bugcheck.
As usual, the December 2020 firmware updates are gradually rolling out to all users running Windows 10 version 1903 or newer. If you own either device, be sure to check for updates and let us know in the comments how this batch works for you.