Microsoft publishes change log for Windows Phone 8 GDR3, also known as Update 3
Microsoft has published the change log for the Windows Phone 8 GDR3 update, also known as Update 3. For those of you who are still expecting this update for your handset, take a look below for the official change log.
Windows Phone 8 GDR3 is out to “Enable incredible new Windows Phone devices,” as well as improve the platforms maturity. GDR3 will see the introduction of some much needed features which other platforms already have such as Screen Lock and 1080p devices.
While Update 3 doesn’t seem major, it does pack several big features and improvements. Update 3 will bump the operating system build number to 8.0.10501.127 or 8.0.10512.142, depending on your carrier. Here is the change log:
- Accessibility. We’ve made several improvements for customers who are visually impaired.
- Storage. Now you can easily free up storage space on your phone and manage temporary files. New categories show what’s taking up space.
- Driving Mode. Feeling distracted behind the wheel? Driving Mode allows you to minimize incoming calls and text messages to help you focus on the road.
- Screen. Reading emails in bed? You can lock your screen orientation so it doesn’t shift when you move your phone around.
- Wi-Fi. Start preserving cellular data on your phone right out of the box—you can now connect to Wi-Fi during set up.
- Internet sharing. Now you can use your phone’s cellular data connection from your Microsoft Windows 8.1 devices by pairing them over Bluetooth.
- Bluetooth. Several fixes were made to address known issues, and improvements were made to connection quality for Bluetooth accessories.
- Ringtones. Do more with ringtones now. Assign ringtones for text messages, so you’ll know who’s texting you without even looking. Use your custom ringtones for more things—text messages, instant messages, emails, voicemail, and reminders.
- App switcher. Don’t look back. Now you can use the App switcher to quickly close apps when you’re finished with them.
- Other improvements. Includes many other improvements to Windows Phone.
Microsoft also recently announced a Preview Program for its developers, you can access GDR3 right now if you have a registered developer account.Further reading: Microsoft, Windows Phone