Microsoft recently opened the doors of its first flagship store in New York City. The grand opening of their newest store on 5th Avenue was followed with a lot of fanfare, including a concert at Rockefeller Center featuring Pitbull. But that isn’t their only flagship store set to open this fall. The technology company is also launching its first international flagship store in Sydney, Australia on November 12th. The two story and 6,000 square foot store is located in the Westfield shopping centre in the Pitt Street Mall and comes with all the familiar aspects of a Microsoft Store. There will plenty of opportunities to try out Microsoft devices, PCs from other OEMs, and a Microsoft Answer Desk to help with PC repair and troubleshooting.
To celebrate the opening of the Sydney store, Microsoft is giving away 750 tickets to the first in line for the grand opening to see Jessie J in concert with opening act Ellie Drennan. There are also other events taking place at the store to commemorate the grand opening, including demonstrations of the Surface Pro 4, Halo 5 photo opp with Master Chief and Spartan Locke, and a fitness workshop with the Microsoft Band 2. Microsoft detailed the following itinerary for the day on its Facebook page.
Wednesday 11 November
• 10:00 PM — Customer lineup begins
Thursday 12 November
• 8:00 AM — Customers in line can enter to win a meet and greet with Jessie J*
• 11:30 AM — Grand Opening ceremonies begin
• 12:00 PM — Microsoft opens (complimentary concert tickets* distributed)
• 12:30 PM – 2:30 PM — Fashion Illustrator Kerrie Hess live illustration on Surface Pro 4
• 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM — Halo 5 characters Master Chief and Spartan Locke photo opportunities
• 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM — Base Body Babes Fitness Workshop with Microsoft Band 2
• 5:00 PM — Doors open for the special performance with Jessie J and opening act Ellie Drennan at the State Theatre
• 7:00 PM — Special performance begins with Jessie J and opening act Ellie Drennan at the State Theatre
To find out more information about the day’s events, head over to the Store’s Facebook page for the latest updates.