If you're a student or researcher, or really anyone who conducts copious amounts of research online, then Microsoft wants you to help out in testing its newest Microsoft Garage app, Sourcerer. In addition to having a clever name, the app is available via the Office Insider program and on Android 4.0 devices or later.
Here's the scoop via the Office Answers community:
What is it?
We've been working with Microsoft Garage to build an app that makes the research process easier for students. Our goal is to offer an app that helps students save time and makes research quick and intuitive.
What are we looking for?
• Students (undergrads, grads, PhD candidates) and full-time researchers who will be actively working in August/September on an academic research project (could be on any topic, from any department).
• Participants must have an Android phone with OS 4.0 or later (To check your version, go to Settings > System > About phone.)
• Participants must be willing to try out the app for one month for their research.
• Location doesn’t matter—we can communicate remotely on email, Skype, etc.
What do you need to do?
• Email us ([email protected]) and tell us you want to participate.
• Keep doing your research, and use Sourcerer when appropriate.
• Fill out a short survey when you install the app.
• Fill out a follow-up survey two weeks later.
• After a month of usage, participate in a phone/Skype interview so we can get your feedback on our app.
What’s in it for you?
• Speed up your academic research
• Help shape a new tool for your fellow researchers
• Be a leading voice in the Office Insider community
How do I give feedback?
There are two ways to provide feedback or get support:
• Send your feedback from within the app.
• Email us at [email protected]
So far, Microsoft is only looking for 20-50 users to test the app, and so if you're qualified and interested, then you'll want to sign up sooner rather than later. Let us know in the comments if you make it into the group.