Microsoft Edge version 106 has shipped to the Stable Channel for everyone to download. The release is fairly minor, but it does unpack two feature updates.
First up, the release provides users with a more reliable web defense courtesy of the rewritten Microsoft Defender SmartScreen library for Microsoft Edge on Windows, which made its debut in Microsoft Edge version 103. Also, note that the NewSmartScreenLibraryEnabled policy is now deprecated in Microsoft Edge version 106 and is set to be obsolete in the subsequent releases that will be made. This means that enterprise customers will no longer be able to continue using the legacy version of the library.
Next up is Work Results that are displayed in the Microsoft Edge address bar have been increased from 2 to 4. It now provides users with enhanced visibility into work content available when conducting searches using the browser. You will however need to enable the AddressBarMicrosoftSearchInBingProviderEnabled policy to access this feature.
Other changes can be seen below as per Microsoft's changelog:
- EfficiencyModeEnabled - Efficiency mode enabled
- EfficiencyModeOnPowerEnabled - Enable efficiency mode when the device is connected to a power source
- InternetExplorerIntegrationAlwaysUseOSCapture - Always use the OS capture engine to avoid issues with capturing Internet Explorer mode tabs
- NewSmartScreenLibraryEnabled - Enable new SmartScreen library
- ShadowStackCrashRollbackBehavior - Configure ShadowStack crash rollback behavior
In other Edge related news, the Edge Insider Canary could now get up to two builds per day and finally, the Outlook for web has now been optimized to fit in the Edge sidebar to enhance visibility. This latest release should automatically install for you. If that is not the case you can trigger the update by visiting Edge's Settings menu, then click on Help and Feedback, select About Microsoft Edge, and then wait for the browser to download the update.