Listen to articles or documents with the Share to Speech app for Windows 8.1
Let’s face it. We spend too much time in front of our computer screens. What if we could create speech or MP3 files for articles or documents and read them on the go? Check out the Share to Speech app for Windows 8.1, which aims to make it easier to listen to your documents while you drive or make it easier for those who have a visual impairment or disability.
“Award winning text to speech and listen later app that can create a speech or an MP3 file just by sharing an internet page or pasting its link from any of 13 supported languages. It can also open Microsoft Word (.docx), PowerPoint (.pptx) and many other text file formats and turn them into speech. MP3 files can be automatically or manually transferred to any folder (e.g. an USB disk or a mobile phone, or a local Dropbox or OneDrive folder) for listening later,” the app description reads.
This app is perfect for those who wish to cut the time they spend in front of their computer screen. You can listen to documents while driving, jogging, or while doing housework. Those who have a visual impairment or disability can also benefit from the app.
The app has a fantastic interface and even supports Microsoft’s OneDrive service. The app is feature packed and has been regularly updated by the developer.
Here are the key features of this app:
- Share a link, text or a selection, .docx, .pptx, .rtf, .odt, .odp, .txt file from any app into the speech
- App intelligently detects language and reads only parts of the internet (web) page that contains useful text
- Create MP3 files to listen to them later
- Upload To Listen files to any folder automatically or from a handy menu
- Add items to the Now Speaking list to listen to them on the computer in the background while you are doing something else
- Listen text directly from the share interface without interaction with the main application
- Use Now Speaking, To Listen and Library sections to organize and quickly access your articles in a beautiful interface
- Share articles you like with other applications (e.g. Mail or Facebook)
- Use Paste from Clipboard to add items from desktop applications that don’t support share
- View the Now Speaking list at a glance in the snap view
- Share to other device – remember the article and it will appear on other devices with options to speak now, add to now speaking list and create MP3 to listen later
- Complete Windows 8 experience with Live Tiles and Semantic Zoom
- Integration with File explorer to open text files (including Microsoft Office Word and Powerpoint) with this app
The app is available for $3.99 and a free trial can be had prior to purchase. Hit the download link below to be taken to the Windows Store.Windows 8.1, Windows Store