Latest Xbox One PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) update is full of optimizations
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) is receiving its 13th patch for Xbox One consoles today and it boasts several graphical and gameplay optimizations that should please players who had been critical of its admittedly less-than-perfect state (it is in Game Preview after all).
Here’s the official list of fixes that have been made.
- The free-fall and parachuting process has been optimized, leading to performance improvements during the initial stages of each game.
- World loading has been optimized. “Play-doh” and interior prop pop-in effects have been improved.
- Movement data for nearby but out-of-sight players is now handled in a more efficient manner, resulting in general performance improvements.
- Similarly, when nearby but out-of-sight players equip or unequip items, this process is handled in a more efficient manner. This helps with performance and crashes throughout the game.
- The inventory has been optimized, improving response time when opening it and solving some crashing issues.
- Uninhabited boats and vehicles were causing some performance issues, and we’ve resolved this issue.
PUBG is one of the biggest games on the Xbox One right now and, just last week, it was announced that the title’s very first official global esports tournament would be happening later this year.
Are you a fan of PUBG and have you been playing on your Xbox One console? Let us know if you’re happy with its current state in the comments below and make sure to like us on Facebook for more PUBG news.