Known issues in Windows 10 Redstone Insider Preview build 11102
Twenty-one days into the New Year and some antsy Windows Insiders were wondering when they could get their hands on the next Windows 10 Insider Preview build. Well, Gabe Aul of the Windows team ever so subtly released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11102 (a Redstone release) to the Fast Ring.
As with most Fast Ring builds, there is word of caution before downloading the latest and greatest build for PCs and the Windows team is noting these known issues:
- Some PC games will crash switching from windowed mode to full screen, upon game resolution change, or upon launch due to a bug in Windows graphics stack. We have observed this with The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Tomb Raider, Assassin’s Creed, and Metal Gear Solid V but it may occur with other titles as well.
- With this build (and with the last build), applications such as Narrator, Magnifier, and third-party assistive technologies may experience intermittent issues or crashes. If you rely on screen readers or other software, you should not use this build. This issue will be fixed with the next build.
- You might see a WSClient.dll error dialog after logging in. We’re working on a fix for this but as a workaround, you can run the following in Command Prompt with administrative rights: schtasks /delete /TN “\Microsoft\Windows\WS\WSRefreshBannedAppsListTask” /F
- While attempting to update to this build, your PC may show a message that your wireless card is not compatible with Windows 10. The workaround is to visit the support page for your PC or wireless card and install the newest driver that is available.
- The Connect button does not show up in Action Center.
With that being said, download and install at your own risk. Head over to your settings, update options and start downloading Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11102 if these issues aren’t showstoppers.
Happy downloading, Insiders!Further reading: build 11102, Microsoft, Redstone, Windows 10