Even though Windows 10 build 17704 comes with new features and some fixes, there are still some issues which may bother you if you download. So, here is a look at all the known issues in this release.
- Please note that this build will fail to download and install for the following languages: km-KH, sd-Arab-PK, si-LK, gu-IN, hy-AM, ha-Latn-NG, nso-ZA, ta-IN, tt-RU, te-IN, ti-ET, tk-TM, ur-PK, ug-CN, uz-Latn-UZ, ca-ES-valencia, vi-VN, cy-GB, wo-SN, yo-NG, kok-IN, mk-MK, lb-LU, ky-KG, lo-LA, ms-MY, ml-IN, mt-MT, af-ZA, sq-AL , am-ET, hi-IN, as-IN, is-IS, ig-NG, id-ID, ga-IE, xh-ZA, zu-ZA, kn-IN, kk-KZ, tg-Cyrl-TJ, tn-ZA, fil-PH, gl-ES, ka-GE, quc-Latn-GT, rw-RW, az-Latn-AZ, mi-NZ, mr-IN, mn-MN, ne-NP, nn-NO, or-IN, fa-IR, pa-IN, pa-Arab-PK, quz-PE, gd-GB, sr-Cyrl-BA, sr-Cyrl-RS, sw-KE, bn-BD, bn-IN, eu-ES, be-BY, bs-Latn-BA, ca-ES, ku-Arab-IQ, chr-Cher-US, prs-AF.
- We’re working on adding dark theme in File Explorer and the Common File Dialog, but we still have some things to do. You may see some unexpectedly light colors in these surfaces when in dark mode and/or dark on dark text.
- When you upgrade to this build you’ll find that the taskbar flyouts (network, volume, etc) no longer have an acrylic background.
- We’re working on improving settings for HDR videos, games and apps in a new Windows HD Color page under System > Display. Some things temporarily will not work; notably, some users will not be able to enable/disable HDR display support.
- Applications that use ICC color profiles may encounter errors such as Access Denied. This includes the Color Management control panel, and color profile switching on certain Surface devices.
- When you use the Ease of Access > Make Text bigger setting, you may see text clipping issues, or find that text is not increasing in size everywhere. Also if your System > Display > Scaling and layout is not set to 100%, some text might appear unexpectedly tiny after reverting the “Make text bigger” value back to 0%.
- Windows Mixed Reality may get stuck after going to sleep and display a persistent error message in Mixed Reality Portal or a “Wake up” button that doesn’t work. To work around this, restart your computer or explorer.exe to use Windows Mixed Reality again.
Known issues for Developers
- Please note that there is an issue in this build that regresses the time it takes to remotely deploy and debug a UWP application to a local virtual machine or an emulator. Please skip this flight if you rely on deploying or debugging to a local virtual machine or an emulator for your UWP development. Please note, this does not impact deployment and debugging on the local machine, to a physical target device, or a remote machine.
- Note: If your target environment is a Windows VM, please apply the above workaround from within the VM as well. You will need to repeat the above workaround for new network adapters created in case of a system reboot.
- If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring – optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings. There has not yet been a RS5 build released to the Slow ring.
Known issues for Narrator
- We are aware of an issue causing Narrator speech to fade when waking from sleep mode. We are working on a fix.
- When the Narrator Quickstart launches, Scan Mode may not reliably be on by default. We recommend going through the Quickstart with Scan Mode on. To verify that Scan Mode is on, press Caps Lock + Space.
- When Narrator starts you will be presented with a dialog that informs the user of the change to Narrator’s keyboard layout. This dialog may not take focus or speak after Narrator has started. We recommend that you Alt + Tab to this dialog, which should cause it to read.
- When using Scan mode you may experience multiple stops for a single control. An example of this is if you have an image that is also a link. This is something we are actively working on.
- If you change Narrator’s default Narrator key to just caps lock the Insert key will continue to function until the caps lock key is used as the Narrator key or if the user restarts Narrator.
- If the Narrator key is set to just Insert and you attempt to send a Narrator command from a braille display then these commands will not function. As long as the Caps Lock key is a part of the Narrator key mapping then braille functionality will work as designed.
- There is a known issue in automatic dialog reading where the title of the dialog is being spoken more than once.
The state of a Narrator command such as toggling Scan
- Mode on and off, volume up and down, voice speed, changing verbosity and context verbosity commands may not be announced when executed.
Known Issues for Game bar
- The framerate counter chart sometimes doesn’t show up correctly over known games.
- The CPU chart shows an incorrect percentage of usage in the top left corner.
- Charts in the performance panel don’t update immediately when clicking through tabs.
- The user’s gamerpic doesn’t display correctly, even after signing in.
Happy downloading, Insiders!