Microsoft’s Remote Desktop app received its first update for the year for Apple’s iOS devices today. This update, a pretty big one, makes some UI improvements, adds a new zoom slider, and fixes a couple of bugs that were frustrating some users.
Here’s the full release notes for the update which brings Microsoft Remote Desktop up to Version 10.2.4:
It's 2021 and time for our first release of the year.
First, we've made changes to the connection bar (which is part of the in-session user experience):
- The connection bar can be collapsed by moving it into one of the four corners of the screen.
- On iPads and large iPhones you can dock the connection bar to the left or right edge of the screen.
- A press-and-hold gesture on the connection bar magnification button reveals a panel with a zoom slider.
- The new zoom slider controls the magnification level of the session in both touch and mouse pointer mode.
Finally, we addressed some accessibility bugs and the following two issues:
- The client now validates the PC name in the Add/Edit PC UI to ensure that it does not contain illegal characters.
- Addressed an issue where the UI would stop resolving a workspace name during subscription.