Instagram has just updated their official Windows 10 Mobile app and given it the ability to function on Windows 10 tablets and PCs. The app appears almost identical to the mobile version with the only real difference being the significant size increase users will experience when viewing media such as Instagram photos and the newly launched Instagram Stories.
Actual posting of photo and video content from the Windows 10 Instagram app however is limited to devices with backwards facing cameras and touchscreens such as the Surface Book or Surface Pro line of products. This is due to the user interface remaining heavily influenced by the smartphone app design. Here are all of the features:
- Post and edit photos – Instagram makes sharing moments with everyone in your world easy, speedy, and fun.
- Stories – Stories from people you follow will appear in a row at the top of Feed.
- Instagram Live Tile – Find out what your friends and family are up to at a glance.
- Rich, native notifications – We’ll send you the notifications you want to see so that you don’t miss important updates.
- Instagram Direct – Instagram Direct lets you exchange threaded messages with one or more people, and share posts you see in Feed as a message.
- Full featured Search, Explore, Profile, and Feed.
Would you ever use an app like Instagram on a larger Windows 10 device? It will definitely be useful when powering through all of the Instagram Stories people have been posting recently. Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.