Huawei introduced the Huawei MateBook X Pro at the last year’s Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. At this year’s edition, the company announced its latest iteration of the device.
The MateBook X Pro is the company’s flagship notebook with almost bezel-less displays, extreme portability, and top of the line performance.
The new Huawei MateBook X Pro boasts of a CNC machined metallic unibody with a premium sandblasted finish. It’s a premium notebook, mind you, and therefore, geared towards mobility and portability. The MateBook X Pro sports a 3K ‘Ultra FullView’ LTPS display with slim bezels that give it a 91 percent screen-to-body ratio. Additionally, it supports 10-point multi-touch.
The MateBook X Pro features the Dolby Atmos Sound System, co-designed by Huawei and Dolby. There are quad speakers for an exceptional sound experience.
Huawei MateBook X Pro Specifications
- Display: 13.9-inches | 3000 x 2000 | 260 ppi | 3:2 aspect ratio | 450 nits brightness
- CPU: 8th Gen Intel Core i7 8565U/i5 8265U
- GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 620 | NVIDIA GeForce MX250 with 2GB GDDR5
- RAM: 8GB/16GB LPDDR3
- Storage: 256GB/512GB NVMe PCIe SSD
- Camera: 1MP front camera
- Battery: 57.4Wh
- Ports: 3.5 mm headphone jack | 2 X USB-C | 1 X Thunderbolt 3 | 1 X USB-A 3.0
- Dimensions: 11.96″ × 8.54″ × 0.57″ | 2.93 lb
- Colors: Space Grey, Mystic Silver
The Huawei MateBook X Pro features the upgraded Huawei Share 3.0 OneHop, a feature that aids transmission of files between Windows notebooks and Android smartphones. There’s also screen recording capability and a proprietary Clipboard Sharing feature which lets users share a clipboard across two devices.
The new MateBook X Pro will be available from April 2019 in mainland China, and several other markets across the globe. The i5/8GB/512GB variant is priced at 1599€ while the i7/16GB/1TB variant is priced at 1999€.Further reading: Huawei, Huawei MateBook, Huawei MateBook X Pro, MWC 2019