We told you yesterday that HP was expected to reveal the thinnest laptop on the market today, and the company has now officially announced its brand new HP Spectre laptop. The manufacturer introduced the HP Spectre earlier today at the New York Times International Luxury Conference along new premium portfolio including new ENVY laptops. In addition, HP has also partnered with world-renowned designers Tord Boontje and Jess Hannah to produce luxury limited editions of the HP Spectre that may appeal to those who like gold coating and encrusted diamonds.
HP Vice President and General Manager for consumer personal systems Kevin Frost shared in the press release:
“The HP Spectre is the thinnest notebook in the world, and unlike the majority of other super thin PCs on the market, this laptop doesn’t compromise power or features. A beautiful Full HD edge-to-edge display, Intel® Core™ i processors coupled with Bang & Olufsen sound and a sexy and thin design, HP amazing engineers set a new standard with the all new Spectre.”
Please find below all the details about the design and specs of the HP Spectre:
- A carbon fiber bottom creates a thin profile that is both durable and lightweight, keeping the total weight of the notebook at just 2.45 pounds.
- High gloss copper accents reflect a hand-polished, jewelry-like finish and an innovative hidden piston hinge creates the illusion of a hinge-less design to offer an unmatched premium look-and-feel.
- Full HD IPS edge-to-edge display featuring Corning® Gorilla® delivers a superb viewing experience for editing photos, perfecting a presentation, or watching a movie.
- 6th generation Intel® Core™ i5 and i7 processors and a lightning fast PCIe SSD with storage up to 512 GB with up to 8 GB of memory for maximum performance. Integration of Intel® hyperbaric cooling system keeps the machine running cool even with powerful processors in a small package.
- An innovative hybrid battery split into two thinner pieces delivers the same wattage as a single battery for up to 9 and half hours of battery life while enabling the world’s thinnest laptop.
- Stereo speakers by Bang & Olufsen with HP Audio Boost technology, a combination of hardware and software to give customers the depth they want.
- Three full function USB Type-C™ connectors, including two of which support Thunderbolt™, to provide a fast, versatile I/O connection.
It’s quite impressive to see that HP managed to design such a beautiful laptop without compromising on performance, battery life and connectivity. Concerning the redesigned Envy notebooks, you should know that the new Envy x360 and 15-inch and 17-inch Envy laptops all feature an all-metal construction, slightly thinner design as well as various processor, memory and storage options.
The 13.3 inch HP Spectre laptop is planned to be available on HP.com and BBY.com on April 25 for pre-order with a starting price at $1,169.99 and is planned to be available in Best Buy stores on May 22 with a starting price at $1,249.99. The new Envy notebooks will be available in late May on HP’s website starting at $679 for the 15.6-inch Envy x360, $779 for the 15.6-inch Envy and $1,029 for the 17.3-inch Envy. Please tell us in the comments if you think HP could have a winner with the HP Spectre.Further reading: HP, hp spectre, Laptop