Microsoft surprised everyone during the October 6th Windows 10 devices event when the Redmond giant unveiled the Surface Book. Microsoft is touting the Surface Book as “the fastest 13-inch laptop anywhere on the planet” and, portentously, as the “Ultimate Laptop.” This seems to be the ultimate example of Microsoft reinventing a category to, perhaps, show their OEMs how great Windows 10 devices can be designed and built.
If you are looking to snag yourself a fancy new Surface Book, there are several outlets that are carrying the device in the United States and Canada. Microsoft has yet to offer the device outside the United States and Canada, but we’re sure that will change at some point. For now, you can buy the device from the links below (keep in mind that pre-orders are currently taking place until the device becomes officially available on October 26th).
- Microsoft Store (ships in four to five weeks)
- Best Buy (no ship date listed)
- Amazon (ships on or about Nov 5th)
You can also purchase the Surface Book if you have a membership to Costco, but your choices will be limited. You can check out Costco’s offering here. Costco typically offers a bundled deal — and in this case, you can get a one year subscription to Office 365 Personal, and a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter. Costco will be shipping out the device the week of Nov 9th. For those of you in Canada, check out the below links.
For those wondering, there are several different options to choose from. The cheapest model runs for $1,499 and features 128GB of storage and 8GB of RAM. For $200 more, you can get a dedicated GPU (read more about that here).
- 128GB storage, Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM for $1,499
- 128GB storage, Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM (with dGPU) for $1,699
- 256GB storage, Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM for $1,699
- 256GB storage, Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM (with dGPU) for $1,899
- 256GB storage, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM (with dGPU) for $2,099
- 512GB storage, Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM (with dGPU) for $2,699
- 1TB storage, Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM (with dGPU) for $3,199
You can also head over to a retail Microsoft Store or Best Buy on launch day and see if they have any units in stock. We hope this quite guide helps you and good luck with your purchase! Let us know in the comments below if you pre-ordered a Surface Book and which model you selected. You can also bookmark our dedicated Surface Book page for all the latest news on Microsoft’s newest device.Further reading: Microsoft, Surface Book