Here we have it; Windows 10 Mobile Insider preview build 10572 is hitting the Fast Ring as we speak and here are the items that have been addressed.
- Notifications, such as new messages, can be received without first unlocking the device.
- Cortana’s background activity has been optimized for power usage.
- We have fixed some of the issues that were causing the Start screen to not load. Additionally, we have made some performance improvements to the Start screen.
- We have made performance improvements to Acton Center, including swipe to expand and dismiss notifications. Swiping to expand or dismiss notifications should happen more quickly.
- The alarm icon now appears on the Lock screen when an alarm is set in the Alarms & Clock app.
- The proximity sensor during calls is now behaving as expected on devices that may have previously failed to turn the screen off.
- App downloads in the Store were sometimes getting blocked by a service hanging in the background – this should be resolved, and app downloads should be more consistent.
- The keyboard will switch languages less aggressively now.
- Taping restart for apply an update will reboot the device immediately now.
Judging by the list of fixed issues, the Windows team is making pretty good strides towards a compelling mobile offering. We’ll have to have some more hands-on time with the build before we can assess what else needs to be fixed.
Make sure to check back here for more hands-on, videos, How-Tos and features for this build.
Until then, happy downloading, Insiders!