Once again, Fast Ring Insiders are getting another taste of what's to come with the upcoming Windows 10 Creators Update.
Today, the Windows team checked off a laundry list of fixes needed before the big Windows 10 update release scheduled for a little later in the year.
- We fixed the issue causing a small percentage of PCs to fail to update to recent builds due to a corrupt registry key.
- We fixed the issue causing Microsoft Edge and / or the taskbar to stop responding requiring you to open Task Manager to restart explorer.exe.
- Windows Hello face authentication should work again on Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book devices.
After updating to a new build, we’ve updated the text on the welcome screen to say “Might take several minutes” instead of “Might take several minutes or so”. Thanks to everyone who sent feedback on how the original phrasing was overly casual.
- Cortana’s background is now black instead of the previous grey.
- We fixed an issue in tablet mode where, with certain DPI levels, Start tiles would render on first launch of Start after entering tablet mode but on subsequent launches would appear blank.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Shift+F10 not working to open context menus for websites displayed in Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed an issue in Microsoft Edge where using the left/right arrow keys might sometimes unexpectedly result in forward/back page navigation.
- We fixed an issue resulting in copy failing the first time you tried to copy a password from the LastPass extension in Microsoft Edge to a website.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Microsoft Edge app window being unexpectedly slow to follow your mouse when dragging it around the screen.
- We fixed an issue in Microsoft Edge where, after opening a link in a new tab, tooltips might start drawing behind the Microsoft Edge window instead of on top.
- We fixed an issue that could result in input no longer working in a particular Microsoft Edge tab after tearing it away to make a new window.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Microsoft Edge launching on pen click when that was the configured pen click action in Pen and Windows Ink Settings.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Microsoft Edge sometimes unexpectedly crashing when deleting characters typed using an IME (for example, the Japanese IME, or the MS Pinyin IME).
- We fixed an issue resulting in drag and drop (for example, into an Outlook 2016 email) sometimes not working on PCs with multiple monitors where the two monitors have different DPIs.
- We fixed an issue where the icon for Windows Insider Program under Settings > Update & security was shown as a square.
- We fixed an issue where all windows on a PC using multiple monitors would move to the primary monitor after remoting into the machine from a single monitor remote desktop session.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Storage Sense in Storage Settings failing to purge the recycle bin with certain machine configurations.
- We fixed an issue resulting in an unexpected and unnamed 0 byte item listed under Manage Optional Features in Settings.
- We fixed an issue where PC Reset wasn’t working in the last flight, the PC would boot to a blue screen saying that there was a problem resetting your PC.
- We fixed an issue resulting in being unable to mount an ISO with the sparse file attribute set.
- We fixed an issue where handwriting text candidates might stop working properly after using strikethrough to erase words written in the handwriting panel.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Korean IME’s composition indicator unexpectedly not appearing when typing jamo into certain text fields.
- We fixed an issue where app updates in the Store may fail with error code 0x8020002B.
- We fixed an alignment issue with entries on the Sign-in options Settings page.
- We fixed the issue causing the Microsoft Edge F12 Developer Tools to intermittently crash, hang, and fail to accept inputs. If you continue to have issues with the F12 Developer Tools, send us feedback!
- We fixed the issue where pressing F12 in Microsoft Edge multiple times invokes multiple F12 windows (all but one are non-functional).
- We fixed the issue where toggling F12 between the docked and undocked state repeatedly can crash Microsoft Edge.
After that rapid fire of fixes, it sure seems as though the Windows 10 Creators Update is on some solid footing for its release. We presume the Windows team will have maybe one or two more release before the update but the update is shaping up to be a solid one.
As a Fast Ring Insider, head to your Setting page to grab the update.
Happy downloading, Insiders!