This week is off to a good start for Windows Insiders, as Microsoft is now rolling out to the Fast Ring the Windows 10 Insider build 15063 for PC and Mobile. As we’re getting increasingly closer to the release of the Creators Update, the Windows Insider team is busy fixing the last remaining bugs and there are quite a few left in this latest build. You can find below the full list of known issues on PC and Mobile:
Known issues for PC
- The upgrade path from the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Build 14393) to this Windows 10 Creators Update build is not yet live and will be live tomorrow morning.
- You will be unable to download new (additional) language packs on this build. Currently installed language packs will not be impacted. These will go live later this week.
- If your PC fails to install this build on reboot with the error 8024a112, reboot manually again. If your PC appears to hang during the reboot, power your PC off and back on and the install will proceed.
- Some Insiders have reported seeing this error “Some updates were cancelled. We’ll keep trying in case new updates become available” in Windows Update. If you encounter it, please try deleting the following registry key: 1 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\RequestedAppCategories\8b24b027-1dee-babb-9a95-3517dfb9c552 (See this forum post for more details).
- Some apps and games may crash due to a misconfiguration of advertising ID that happened in a prior build. Specifically, this issue affects new user accounts that were created on Build 15031. The misconfiguration can continue to persist after upgrading to later builds. The ACL on the registry key incorrectly denies access to the user and you can delete the following registry key to get out of this state: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AdvertisingInfo
- There is a bug where if you need to restart your PC due to a pending update like with the latest Surface firmware updates, the restart reminder dialog doesn’t pop up. You should check Settings > Update & security > Windows Update to see if a restart is required.
- [GAMING] Certain hardware configurations may cause the broadcast live review window in the Game bar to flash Green while you are Broadcasting. This does not affect the quality of your broadcast and is only visible to the Broadcaster.
Known issues for Mobile
- Updating from the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Build 14393) directly to this build won’t work. There will be an extra hop required to get to this build. If you use WDRT to go re-flash your device and join the Fast ring, you will not be offered this build and instead offered Build 15055. Once you’re on Build 15055, your device will find Build 15063 and take the update then.
- Some users are reporting that pages are constantly reloading or refreshing, especially while they are in the middle of scrolling them in Microsoft Edge. We’re investigating.
As usual, you can download this latest build by checking Windows Update on your device’s settings. Once you’re done, let us know in the comments if you encounter any of those issues.Further reading: build 15063, Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows Insider