Here are the known issues in Windows 10 Insider build 15014 for PC and Mobile
Dona Sarkar and the Windows Insider team have officially pushed out Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 for PC and Mobile. As is usual, these builds are not perfect, so please have a look at the known issues below.
- IMPORTANT: The download progress indicator shown when downloading this build is currently broken under Settings > Update & security > Windows Update. It may look like you’re getting stuck at 0% or at other percentages. Ignore the indicator and be patient. The build should download fine and the installation should kick off. See this forum post for more details.
- After updating to this build, nonstop exceptions in the Spectrum.exe service may occur causing PCs to lose audio, disk I/O usage to become very high, and apps like Microsoft Edge to become unresponsive when doing certain actions such as opening Settings. As a workaround to get out of this state, you can delete C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Spectrum\PersistedSpatialAnchors and reboot. For more details, see this forum post.
- During the installation of this build, Insiders may experience a storport.sys bugcheck (GSOD) causing them to rollback to the previous build. There is currently no workaround.
- On some PCs, audio stops working sporadically with ‘device in use’ error”. We are investigating. Restarting the audio service may fix things for a bit.
- Under Settings > Update & security > Windows Update you might see the text “Some Settings are managed by your organization” even though your PC isn’t being managed by an organization. This is a bug caused by an updated flight configuration setting for Insider Preview builds and does not mean your PC is being managed by anyone.
- The Netflix app may crash on launch. Try again and it should work.
- Quicken 2016 will fail to run with an error stating .NET 4.6.1 is not installed. For Insiders familiar with Registry Editor, there is an optional workaround. Take ownership of the following registry keys and edit the “version” value to be 4.6.XXXXX instead of 4.7.XXXXX:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Client
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full
Note: Please take caution when editing the registry. Changing the wrong value can have unexpected and undesirable results.
- Some Tencent apps and games may crash or work correctly on this build.
- Connecting an Xbox 360 or Xbox One Controller to your PC running this build will cause the DWM to crash resulting in your display flickering and/or appearing blank or black.
The game DOT2 will fail to launch an d pop up the message “Unable to start game” followed by error window.
- When using Microsoft Edge with Narrator, you may hear “no item in view” or silence while tabbing or using other navigation commands. You can use Alt + Tab when this happens to move focus away from and back to the Edge browser. Narrator will then read as expected.
- Taskbar preview icons are unexpectedly small on high-DPI devices.
- Windows Insiders will unexpectedly see a “Holographic” entry on the main page of Settings.
- When clicking on certain elements in desktop (Win32) games, the game minimizes and cannot be restored.
- Dragging apps from the all apps list to pin on Start’s tile grid won’t work. For now, please right-click on the desired app in order to pin it.
- Some websites in Microsoft Edge may unexpectedly show “We can’t reach this page”. If you encounter this, please try accessing the site from an InPrivate tab.
- On certain hardware types, the Netflix app crashes when starting a movie.
- Saying “Hey Cortana, play <item> on <AppName>” doesn’t work immediately after installing the app. Wait 5 minutes for indexing to begin and try again.
- AAD Identity Settings Sync: Microsoft Edge does not sync Reading List from PC to phone unless there is a restart.
- AAD Identity Settings Sync: Microsoft Edge is syncing passwords on phone but not showing them in “saved passwords” in Microsoft Edge settings.
- When you receive a new email notification and tap on it to open the message, it doesn’t open the Mail app or message.
- New option to pause updates contains text referencing PC-only Windows Defender.
- Insiders with certain devices, such as the Lumia 635 and 636, may not be able to manually change the brightness.
- The brightness will still automatically adjust if it is set to do so, so please use that for the time being while we investigate.
- The ninja cat emoji display in two characters on the keyboard instead of the expected one.
- Adding a new card / paying with an existing card will not work in Microsoft Wallet.
- The Quiet Hours quick action button in the Action Center doesn’t work.
- Microsoft Edge might sometimes unexpectedly not rotate into landscape mode. If this happens, try quickly locking and unlocking your phone.
Have you noticed any issues with build 15014 after installing? Happy downloading, and please do let us know what you think by dropping us a comment below!Further reading: 15014, build 15014, Windows 10, Windows 10 Insider