As promised on Monday, Dona Sarkar has pressed the big red button and has unleashed the full glory of a new Fast Ring build to Windows 10 Insiders across the world. As always, before you install to your machine, please have a look at the changes, known issues with Windows 10 Insider build 16188 for PC by reading below.
— Dona Sarkar (@donasarkar) May 4, 2017
- We've fixed an issue resulting in the candidate window not appearing when typing in certain apps when using Simplified Chinese IMEs or the Changjie and Quick IMEs
- We fixed an issue where explorer.exe would crash and restart if you tapped any of the apps listed in the Windows Ink Workspace’s Recent Apps section.
- Double-clicking the Windows Defender Security Center icon in the notification area will now open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Universal dismiss of Cortana reminders is now enabled across Windows devices on this build or higher. To learn more about universal dismiss and how apps can enable it check out our blog post here.
- Localized apps on localized x64 Windows 10 Insider Preview builds will now work. We believe this will also address the issue some Insiders were reporting where the Open and Save dialogs weren’t opening in certain desktop (Win32) apps.
- We fixed an issue resulting in decreased Action Center reliability in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue with the Chinese Pinyin IME where typing a sequence of characters beginning with ‘hu’ into certain apps would result in an unexpected delay before the candidate window updated to reflect the current composition.
- PC Reset via Settings > Update & security > Recovery will not work on non-English Insider Preview builds.
- Some Insiders have reported seeing this error â€œSome updates were cancelled. Weâ€™ll keep trying in case new updates become availableâ€ in Windows Update. See this forum post for more details.
- Surface 3 devices fail to update to new builds if a SD memory card is inserted. The updated drivers for the Surface 3 that fix this issue have not yet been published to Windows Update.
- Navigating to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update may crash Settings app. You can simply re-open the Settings app again and it should work again.
- Navigating to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen may crash Settings app.
- Outlook 2016 may hang on launch due to an issue where the spam filter gets stuck reading the Outlook Data File and the UI waits indefinitely for it to return. We're investigating.Â
- Your PC may hang when shutting down the PC.
- In certain cases, Start may fail to launch but launches normally on the second try.
Are you noticing any other issues and fixes with this build? Happy downloading! And Be sure to submit your feedback to the Windows Insider team and drop us a comment with your other thoughts below!