If you’re a member of the Xbox One Preview Program, then you might want to fire up the Groove app on your Xbox One. The reason why? Microsoft has just announced that the Groove Music Universal Windows app is now available for Xbox One Preview program with support for background audio and more.
Version 3.6.2381 of Groove should be available right now. In addition to bringing support for background audio, the update also brings to Xbox the personalized Your Groove music curation feature, a rich Explore experience, and all the other things previously seen on Groove on Windows devices. The update, however, does not feature music videos, but Microsoft is noting that they are working to bring the feature back as soon as they can.
Here’s a list of some of other recent changes:
- Check out the new focus on genres in Explore. You can now see curated playlists, new releases, best new songs, top albums, and top artists…all by GENRE!! Available in US, UK, FR, CA, and DE.
- Radio stations show up in Recent Plays in Your Groove.
- You can check out which artists are included in a playlist in Explore more easily now because they are highlighted when you click on a playlist.
- You can give feedback on playlists in Your Groove with a thumbs up or thumbs down. You can also mute specific songs in a Your Groove playlist if you don’t want to hear it anymore. Muted songs will be excluded when you play that playlist later or save a copy to your collection.
- Introduced landmarks in Groove to reduce tabs when using Narrator.
So, if you’re a lucky member of the Xbox One Preview Program, be sure to check out the new and improved Groove app! Once you have, please be sure to come back to WinBeta and drop us a comment with your thoughts on the app!