Got a Sphero robotic ball? Grab these Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 8.1 apps
For those that did not know, Sphero is a robotic ball that you control with your smartphone or tablet. Now you can control your own Sphero via Windows Phone 8.1 or Windows 8.1 with these two official apps.
“This is the central app for Sphero and a required app for all Sphero owners. Use it to get rolling with Sphero Original or 2.0, upgrade firmware and personalize your gameplay like never before. Level up your individual Sphero’s speed, colors, core reactor, and boost times. Complete missions, purchase tricks, and master your skills. The more you play with Sphero, the better he gets,” the app description reads.
With Sphero, you can turn your surroundings into a video game with augmented reality, and discover endless ways to play. Here are the key features of the Sphero apps:
- Level up your Sphero’s speed as you master your driving skills
- Unlock your Sphero’s brightness with millions of colors as you level up
- Earn color upgrades, tricks, core reactor upgrades, and more
- Complete challenges to help Sphero save his home planet
- Receive important Sphero notifications and firmware updates.
If you have never heard of a Sphero before, check out the video below. Hit the download links below to snag the apps for your respective platform – they’re free!
Thanks for the tip, Steveo!Sphero, Windows Phone, Windows Store