So far, 2016 is starting to look great for Windows 10 gamers as we just learned from a tipster on Twitter (thanks @M578Fury!) that Gears of War: Ultimate Edition is going to be the next triple AAA game to get from the Windows 10 Store. The remastered version of the original Xbox 360 game has been available on Xbox One since a few months now, and it’s great to see Microsoft Studios embracing the Windows Store just after Square Enix released Rise of the Tomb Raider on the Store a few weeks ago.
While you can already see the game in the store right now, it doesn’t show up on search yet and can’t be downloaded. But according to Store page, the game will only support Windows 10 64-bit version with Windows 10 November update installed (Windows 10 Version 1511), and the minimum specs are quite high as you will need at least an Intel Core i5 2.7Ghz, 8 gigs of RAM, an AMD R7 260x or NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti while the game approximate size is 52.76GB.
Please find below the interesting bits from the Windows Store page:
The landmark original returns, stunningly remastered and modernized for Windows 10 featuring all-new ultra-high definition graphics up to 4K resolution. Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 is loaded with new content including five campaign chapters not included in the Xbox 360 version. Windows 10 players will also receive the Deluxe Weapon Skin Pack and 11 bonus multiplayer characters.
- Play in stunning 4K with an unlocked refresh rate.
- Includes five additional, exhilarating campaign missions that follow Delta Squad as they battle their way to Timgad Station not included in the Xbox 360 original. ·
- Go deeper into Gears fiction with five Gears of War comic books, which can be unlocked and read within the game. ·
- Remastered for Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound.
MULTIPLAYER FEATURES (Xbox Live Silver Account membership required):
- Multiplayer matches will run on fast and fair dedicated servers with unlocked refresh rates.
- Includes all original Xbox 360 DLC multiplayer maps and three multiplayer maps from the original Gears of War PC version for an incredible 19 total multiplayer maps.
- Newly added multiplayer modes include Team Death Match, King of the Hill, Blitz and a special 2v2 mode designed by the Gears of War community.
- Returning multiplayer modes include Warzone, Assassination, Execution and Annex.
- All new Xbox Live Achievements and 1,250 new Gamerscore.
- Handpicked gameplay improvements, alternate controls and a new difficulty level for players new to the franchise.
- Support for keyboard or gamepad controls.
- The Windows 10 version includes the Deluxe Weapon Skin Pack and 11 bonus multiplayer characters.
We’ll just have to wait for the official announcement from Microsoft now, but it sure is a great addition to the Windows Store! Please tell us in the comments if you can’t wait to enjoy the game on your Windows 10 PC.