Microsoft has rolled out the final version 93 build of the Microsoft Edge web browser to the Dev channel. Coming in at build 93.0.961.2, there's not much that has changed, but we do have a look at everything you need to know before the release heads to the Beta channel soon.
As always, new features come first. Microsoft has added an allow list to media autoplay settings. Microsoft also added the ability to un-ignore password health alerts for a particular website. The other two new features include enabling the new share experience by default and combining the Settings pages for Start, Home, and the New Tab page.
When it comes to reliability improvements and changed behaviors the list is short this week. We've got these all for you below.
- Fixed an issue where the Web Widget crashes when switching browser profiles.
- Fixed a crash when navigating to certain pages.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where the browser crashes after being open for a while.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where PDFs sometimes don’t display at the correct size. Thanks for being persistent in reporting this and making sure we knew about it!
- Fixed an issue where PWAs or websites installed as apps sometimes open to blank windows.
- Fixed an issue where printing specific pages of a PDF sometimes fails.
- Fixed an issue where an error message that “Update policies are configured but will be ignored because this device isn’t domain joined.” unexpectedly appears when updating the browser.
- Fixed an issue where extension icons sometimes aren’t visible.
- Reduced the number of irrelevant entries saved in autofill.
- Temporarily disabled the ability to change fonts in Immersive Reader on Linux.
Despite heading to beta, and some patches which might still come, there are still some known issues in this Dev channel build. We've mentioned these every week but will recap them for you once more. You can expect issues with the Microsoft Editor extension not working on Linux, ad blocking extensions impacting YouTube, tabs crashing with a specific error, Kaspersky Internet Suite causing Gmail to fail to load, and issues with duplicate favorites and wobbling when scrolling.
If you're not an Edge Insider, then you're likely already on Edge version 92, which hit the stable channel last week. Edge version 92 adds in a new Password health dashboard. We talked about this in our latest podcast episode.