In an official Facebook post, Microsoft has unveiled eleven new Microsoft Store locations, set to open this May. Did your location make the list? Microsoft currently has 83 retail and specialty stores in the United States and Canada, with more stores to open in the near future.
For those that don’t know, a typical Microsoft retail store provides a showcase for the company’s latest Windows Phone 8 handsets, Windows 8.1 devices, the Xbox One, Office 365, and much more. Microsoft provides a first-look at new products, offers midnight product launches, and even hands-on workshops at these retail stores. A Microsoft Specialty Store, on the other hand, is a popup shop located inside a mall. Specialty Stores offer a curated selection of the best Microsoft products, while retail stores offer a wide variety of products and services.
Typically, a Microsoft Store grand opening entails exciting offers and giveaways, so if you live near any of these locations, make sure you pay a visit! Here is the entire list of new Specialty Store locations set to open during the month of May:
- North Point Mall – Alpharetta, GA (May 3)
- The Oaks – Thousand Oaks, CA (May 13)
- Park Place – Tucson, AZ (May 13)
- Jordan Creek Town Center – Des Moines, IA (May 13)
- FlatIron Crossing – Broomfield, CO (May 15)
- North Star Mall – San Antonio, TX (May 15)
- Westroads Mall – Omaha, NE (May 15)
- The Mall in Columbia – Columbia, MD (May 17)
- The Maine Mall – S Portland, ME (May 17)
- Mall of Louisiana – Baton Rouge, LA (May 17)
- Boise Towne Square – Boise, ID (May 17)
Thanks for sending this in, Derek and anon
Post has been updated to reflect that these are all Specialty Stores. Thanks Sam for the heads up!Further reading: Microsoft, Microsoft Store