The next-gen patch for the original Xbox One Dying Light video game is now live with a variety of enhancements for the last-gen high-end Xbox One X console and the current-gen Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X consoles.
All three Xbox consoles now feature a 25% increase in level of detail (LOD) distance.
Here’s the brief patch notes for each Xbox console with the improvements that players can now expect:
Xbox Series S and Xbox One X
- Performance mode offers 30 FPS in full HD resolution
- High resolution mode targets 30 FPS in Quad HD resolution
Xbox Series X
- Performance mode offers 60 FPS in full HD resolution
- Balanced mode that targets 60 FPS in Quad HD resolution
- High resolution mode gives 30 FPS in 4K
Dying Light launched on Microsoft’s Xbox One console back in early-2015. The game was originally planned to also launch on the Xbox 360 but that version was canned due to the hardware limitations of that console.
A sequel, Dying Light 2: Stay Human, launched just last month on both Xbox One and the newer Xbox Series X console families.