Changelog for upcoming Amber and GDR2 update for Nokia Lumia WP8 devices leaked
While those of us with a Nokia Lumia handset sit back and patiently wait for the upcoming Amber update, which comes with the GDR2 update, a new report today claims to have the entire change-log for the update. This change-log comes from a Polish website and we have machine translated the log for your reading pleasure.
As you will read below, the Amber update apparently adds the “Glance” feature to Lumia handsets, allowing you to see a charging and low battery indicator on your screen when the phone display is turned off. The HERE suite of apps all get an update, along with other new features. We will keep you posted on this as details emerge.
Take a look at the change-log below. Remember, this detail comes from an unverified Polish website.
- Glance. Screen Clock Charging indicator / low battery Indicator for silent / vibra mode, night mode (change color for night time). OFF by default.
- Smart camera capture the best moment. Accidental remove unwanted objects from the scene. Select the best shot and precise moment. Sequence take a group of images with advanced face, smile and blink detection. The, best ‘face for each person is automatically selected into a single, best’ shot.
- FM Radio. Be ready to tune your favorite station – FM Radio is BACK! Store your favorite stations for the next time.
- HERE branding Location & Commerce
- Here Maps v3.4 Your compass is a discovery What’s New: Increased venue map coverage Favorites saved in HERE Maps now sync across all HERE experiences Personalized Live Tile options: Pin and Pin destination to start a place to start as favorite Pin Pin to start a place category to start
- Here Drive + v2.2 The open road made ??easy What’s New: Sync favorite places with other apps HERE and here.com. Customize your map to display relevant points of interest, dry as restaurants, gas stations, and more one-tap access to speed limit Alert options right from the dashboard Personalized Live Tile options: Pin to Start a destination (one tap gives driving directions to That destination)
- Here Transit v3.5 Now arriving: the best way across town What’s New: Access your favorites through your searches Display nearby stations directly on a map opens Transit Maps to display more route options Transit Maps opens to display the battles navigation options Personalized Live Tile: Pin a destination like Home, Work, or School to start (one tap shows public transit routes and times to get there from wherever you are)
- Flip to silence. Flip the phone to turn it silence.
- Datasense. Managing your data flow monitor and control data usage Optimally compressing web traffic.
- Find your closest hotspot. Enriched web services (for operators).
Along with the Amber update, we will also get a taste of the General Distribution Release 2 (GDR2) update. This update adds an improved Xbox Music experience, adds FM Radio, and much more. Take a look at the list below showcasing what new features GDR2 will bring us. With the upcoming GDR2 update, the build number will be 8.0.10327.77 or 8.0.10328.78 depending on the phone and carrier.
Further reading: Microsoft, Nokia, Windows Phone
- Xbox Music. It’s now easier to select, download, and pin music. Plus, music fans will see more accurate metadata (such as song and album information) and many other performance improvements.
- FM radio. Listen to FM radio right from the Music+Videos hub. (Not available for all phones.)
- Data Sense. Stay on top of your phone’s data usage with Data Sense. You can set a limit based on your data plan, or just keep track of which apps use the most data. (Not all mobile operators offer Data Sense.)
- Skype. Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) apps like Lync and Skype now feature improved stability and performance.
- Internet Explorer. Your web browsing experience is now better than ever with improved HTML 5 compatibility.
- Camera. Set your favorite Lens so it opens automatically when you press the camera button. (Not available for all phones.)
- Other improvements. Includes many other improvements to Windows Phone.