Microsoft's Surface Pro 4 has been a very popular new Windows 10 2-in-1 hybrid since Microsoft first uncovered it on October 6, 2015. It's also a sopmewhat pricey tablet to be carrying around unprotected, particularly in its better-spec'd versions. It's, therefore, good to see that Kensington is pushing out a new rugged case for the Surface Pro 4 at CES 2016.
Dubbed the BlackBelt 2nd Degree Rugged Case, Kensington's latest adds some girth to the Surface Pro 4 but promises to protect it against some relatively serious tumbles. As Kensington notes:
"The Surface Pro 4 has become increasingly popular with professionals, and it's understandable because the device offers the perfect blend of performance and portability to replace the laptop," said Brian Knauss, global product manager, Kensington. "But accidents do happen, and valuable mobile investments such as this need to be protected. That's where BlackBelt 2nd Degree Rugged Case comes in. Designed specifically for the Surface Pro 4, the case surrounds the Surface Pro 4 with a strong, rugged TPU body for maximum protection against drops, while also providing a flexible silicone hand strap, non-slip grip, and unobstructed access to the things that make Surface unique like the click-in Type Cover and kickstand, full USB 3.0 port, cameras, and more."
Here are some details:
- Military-Grade Drop Protection – A strong, rugged TPU body surrounds the Surface Pro™ 4 and meets the MIL-STD-810G testing protocols for drop protection.
- Custom-Designed for Surface – Kensington is an official participant in Microsoft's Designed for Surface program, which helps third-party manufacturers create exceptional accessories that work seamlessly with Surface devices.
- Hand Strap – Constructed of flexible silicone to fit a wide variety of hand sizes, the hand strap provides users with a convenient and worry-free way to hold the tablet when sharing or collaborating, especially in a highly mobile environment.
- Type Cover Channel – Allows users to quickly and easily attach or detach the Type Cover without having to remove the rugged case from the Surface Pro 4.
- QuickFold™ Design – Ideal for mobile viewing, the Type Cover can be folded up the backside of the rugged case so the keyboard is neatly out of the way without having to detach it.
- Unobstructed Access – Strategic cutouts in the case allow users to take full advantage of the Surface kickstand, buttons, ports, and cameras.
The case will retail for $59.99 when it ships at some point this year. Keep the BlackBelt 2nd Degree Rugged Case in mind for protecting your significant Surface Pro 4 investment--and with a name like that, you might be hard-pressed to forget it.