BitTorrent Sync hits Windows Phone for easy file synchronization
Earlier in the month, we took at look at the beta version of BitTorrent Sync, and now the completed version hits the Windows Phone Store. This handy free tool can be used to automatically sync files between your computer and phone so you can access them when you are out and about.
It’s a fairly simple idea, but it is one that works well, and there is a key difference between this and other similar synchronization tools. There is a strong focus on security, so if you are concerned about the implications of syncing data through a third-party cloud service, this could be the tool for you.
The launch of the app is announced on the BitTorrent Blog where the developers say: “your data belongs to you. Not advertisers. Not the NSA. Not the cloud.” All data is encrypted and there is also the option of sharing your files with others.
Here’s the feature list from the Windows Phone Store listing:
- Access all your Sync folders and files from your Windows Phone device.
- Add photos from your Windows Phone device to any of your Sync folders.
- Automatically back up your Camera Roll to a folder on your computer.
- File transfers are encrypted and protected by secure keys.
- Your information is never stored on a server in the cloud.
- Connecting the Sync application to other Sync folders is as easy as taking a picture of a QR code with your camera.
It’s worth noting that the app is really nothing to do with BitTorrent as you might think of it. This is an app solely concerned with file synchronization, not speedy peer-to-peer downloads.
Grab yourself a copy using the Download link below.BitTorrent, Windows Phone