Microsoft’s Bing Ads division enables companies to target adverts at consumers, and it has been doing a stellar job lately. Only yesterday, we reported on how Bing Ads made improvements to conversion tracking; that helps advertisers target appropriate consumers more effectively. Now today, Bing Ads have announced several improvements to its desktop Bing Ads Editor; bumping the version number up to 10.9.
This update increases the performance of the software in several ways that are listed below:
- Displaying large accounts (example: 2 million keywords, 1 million Ads) is more than 2x faster
- Downloading large accounts (example: 2 million keywords, 1 million Ads) is 30% faster
- Switching between built-in views is 2x faster
- Finding and replacing Ads is up to 4x faster
- Switching between tabs is smoother
The Bing Ads team have reduced the memory footprint used when running the software by 70 percent that is no small feat. Outdated features have also been removed which could be why the software has seen such significant performance jumps. The features that have been cut are:
- Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) mobile ads that are being replaced by “mobile preferred text ads.”
- Due to the release of Bing Shopping Campaign there is now no need for product ads, product ad extensions or product targets. Bing Shopping Campaign is only available online at the moment, and it is unknown when it will come to the desktop software
The Bing Ads Editor was originally released back in February when the software had a version number of 10.7. If you have already downloaded the software, you’ll be prompted to upgrade automatically over the next few weeks. However, if you’d like to get the update immediately, the link is provided at the end of this article.
If the Bing team keep up this rate of improvement, it will be interesting to see if they can catch up with Google who are the leaders in targeted online advertising by quite a margin.Bing Ads, Microsoft, Software, update