Battery Saver app updated with real-time Live tile, hints at Windows Phone 8.1 Dev Preview build 14203
Microsoft has a Battery Saver app in the Windows Phone Store which give users the ability to manage their smartphone’s battery, and offer power saving modes to enhance the battery time. Recently, the software giant pushed a big update for the app, introducing a number of new features, alongside an interesting bit of information.
Among the most notable features is the real-time Live Tile, which shows you the battery information in real time. But, there’s an interesting catch here. This feature requires Windows Phone 8.1 build 14203, which isn’t out yet. The current build for Windows Phone 8.1 Developers Preview is 14192, so could it be that Microsoft is on the verge of pushing out a new update for the operating system? Possible.
Coming over to the change log, the new update for Battery Saver brings a handful of features, including time filters which shows users the date for the past two few days, and even a week. Additionally, you can also add battery saver to the quick settings menu, however, this feature also requires Windows Phone 8.1.14203 or higher, which isn’t currently available to the public.
Here’s the complete change log of the latest Battery Saver app:
- Foreground vs Background metrics: Usage bars now show foreground and background showing you how much power a particular app consumes whether you’re using it or not using it.
- Time Filters: We’ve added a filter also in the usage view where you can now specify the timeframe of data to look at. Can now show data from the last day, 2 days or a week.
- What Does Battery saver do anyway?: Re-worded the settings page to more clearly indicate what battery saver mode does.
- Real Time Live Tile: If you pin the battery saver app to start, it now updates in real time! (Requires build 8.1.14203 or higher.)
- Quick Settings: You can now add battery saver to the quick settings menu and cycle through the battery saver options there. (Requires build 8.1.14203 or higher.)
- Turn On until next charge: We added a new option to let users turn on battery saver until next charge!
- Improved Battery usage scaling: The usage data now scales to actual device battery capacity with full width mapping to 100% capacity. Additionally, the bars now use a logarithmic scaling algorithm to make the bars more visible when usage is small for a particular app.
Head over to the Windows Phone store to grab the updated Battery Saver app for your handset. Furthermore, there’s no word about the roll out for an update for the Developer Preview, but it’s likely that we may see one soon. We’ll update you as soon as it starts rolling out, stay tuned.Battery, Developer Preview, Microsoft, Windows Phone, Windows Phone 8.1