Battery app for Windows Phone 8 gets a welcomed update, no change log just yet
The unofficial Battery app for Windows Phone 8, which has seen rave reviews, received an update today bumping the version number to 18.104.22.168. This app is free and has over 16,000 reviews, with the majority of those reviews being five-stars.
This app is pretty cool, as it allows you to monitor your battery level on your Windows Phone 8 device. There are detailed statistics as well as the ability to see the remaining percentage of battery life as a live tile! Here are the key features of this app if you have never heard of it:
- three types of live tiles
- detailed battery status on lock screen
- rich battery usage and rate charts (landscape mode supported)
- detailed battery usage statistics
- time since last charge
- remaining time to full charge
- different types of notifications (when the battery is fully charged, when the battery is discharging quickly, when the battery is low)
- customizable theme color
- save chart as picture, send history to e-mail, save history to SkyDrive, backup data to SkyDrive, restore data from SkyDrive
- shortcuts to Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Location, Cellular, Airplane mode settings.
The app developer did not publish the change log for this new update, which was rolled out today. We’d venture an educated guess and say bugs were fixed and performance improvements were made to the app. Hit the download link below to snag the updated app, or update via the Windows Phone Store. Let us know if you notice any new features or improvements.Microsoft, Windows Phone