Microsoft recently announced the General Availability of Azure SQL Data Warehouse, including new tools, improvements and performance enhancements. Several new T-SQL features have also been released.
Here is a look at what's new:
- SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) built-in support
- Additional data protection with geographically redundant backups
- New high-end compute offerings DWU3000 and DWU6000
- Improved performance with database compatibility level 130
- Thousands of new database level collations
- Expanded analytic functions and window frame
- The ability to rename data warehouses
More improvements include Geo-backup support, elastic enhancements to allocate more power to your SQL Data Warehouse, compatibility improvements and much more.
If you'd like to read more about all the changes, take a look at the official blog post here.