avast! is an antivirus set that is able to detect the presence of viruses in computers. It has a powerful antivirus kernal that has a boot-time scan, improved resident protection, heuristic analysis for email, and a script blocker. The program works great as a on-demand and/or resident virus scanner. The skinable interface is easy to use for any user.
Here's a list of the most important changes in this build:
- Script Shield now works with Google Chrome, all versions of Firefox and Acrobat Reader
- Improvements in WebRep plugins (especially IE)
- Stability improvements in aswSP.sys and the avast! sandbox
- File system shield: improved on-close scanning
- avast! Internet Security: new antispam engine
- Web Shield and Script Shield: more options in the UI