The long-awaited Cataclysm update is now live for the Anthem video game on Xbox One. This new update adds the new Cataclysm feature and map area, a new in-game currency, new enemies to battle, new rewards to earn, and brand new story missions to play.
Here’s the part of the release notes relating to the new content:
- New Story Missions - Track Dr. Harken and unravel the mystery of the Cataclysm. Available to all players who have completed the “Incursion” mission in the main storyline.
- Cataclysm - Battle Vara Brom and her forces in a dangerous new game mode that evolves over time. Teamwork is heavily encouraged as you battle against the dangerous environment and time itself, unlock secrets, and master the Cataclysm to earn all new rewards and rank up the leaderboard. The
- Cataclysm is available on the Start of Expedition screen for all players who have completed the “Incursion” mission.
- Inversions - Sets of gameplay modifiers that impact how you face the challenges of the Cataclysm.
- Leaderboards - Finishing content in the Cataclysm mode adds to your score. Your score is updated to the leaderboard at the end of your run.
- Seasonal Currency - Complete challenges and content to earn Minor and Major Crystals. Spend that currency on the rewards in the Seasonal Store.
- Seasonal Store - A new store that features time-limited rewards for purchase with the seasonal currency.
In addition to these new additions, a variety of other changes have been made. You can read all about them in the long, detailed release notes here.
Anthem was one of the most-hyped games of E3 2017 when it was first announced during Microsoft’s conference and it also got a lot of attention when it launched in early-2019. Interest in the Anthem video game has since diminished quite a bit so it will be interesting to see if this Cataclysm update can reinvigorate the current playerbase while bringing in new players.
Do you still play Anthem and are you hyped for this new content? Share your thoughts with the community in the comments below and then follow us on Pinterest for more Xbox gaming content.