Alienware has always taken gaming laptops to the next levels with new technology, and we’re again seeing that today with the launch of the Alienware m17 R5 and the x17 R2. The Alienware m17 R5 is the world’s most powerful 17-inch AMD Advantage laptop, and both it and the new x17 R2 sport options for brand new 480Hz 3ms panels.
The Alienware m17 R5 comes with the new AMD Radeon RX 6850M XT 12GB GDDR6 GPU and several AMD Smart Technologies to claim the throne as the world’s most powerful 17-inch AMD Advantage laptop for unmatched performance. Those AMD Smart Technologies on select configurations include the following:
- AMD SmartShift Max: Dynamic power shifting between a Radeon GPU and APU boosts performance for gaming, rendering and content creation.
- AMD SmartAccess Graphics: Improve frame rates, reduce latency and save battery by enabling discrete Radeon graphics or Ryzen graphics to handle rendering and presentation while maintaining AMD FreeSync.
- AMD Smart Access Memory: Get an extra edge when your Ryzen processors are able to harness the full potential of the Radeon graphics card memory.
- AMD FreeSync Premium: Put an end to choppy gameplay with fluid, artifact-free performance at virtually any framerate. This adaptive sync technology matches the refresh rate of your graphics and your
display for buttery smooth gameplay.
Alienware believes this laptop can deliver extreme speeds and response times so you can play your favorite titles with smooth gameplay, making it feel like the game’s become an extension of your senses.
As for that new FHD (1920 x 1080) 480Hz 3ms panels, Alienware hopes it can help for smoother animations, easier target tracking, ghosting reduction, and lower system latency. The panels are enabled for both AMD Freeysnc and Nvidia Gysnc with Advanced Optimus. Here are some of the benefits of the new panel. Keep in mind, though, that Alienware is also offering UHD (3840 x 2160) 120Hz 3ms displays on m17 R5 and x17 R2 laptops for those more interested in a higher-resolution panel over faster refresh rates.
- Advanced Optimus: Automatically controls the built-in hardware MUX to disable the iGPU and use the system’s more powerful dGPU, which gives additional control over game performance and battery life.
- ComfortView Plus: A built-in, always-on, hardware-based low blue light solution that doesn’t compromise true-to-life color accuracy.
- Dolby Vision: Brings optimal color profiles and contrast that goes well beyond the capabilities of traditional high dynamic range (HDR).
Also launching is the new G16 gaming laptop from Dell. This is the first 16-inch laptop from Dell Gaming. It sports a 16-inch panel in a 15-inch chassis, a 16:10 aspect ratio. e. Under the hood, it has a 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700H 14-core processor and up to an NVIDIA GeForce® RTX 3070 Ti Laptop GPU.
The Alienware m17 R5 starts at $1,600. The Alienware x17 R2 comes in at $2,250. As for the G16, it will be available on July 21 at a starting price of USD $1,399.